Here are some answers to commonly-asked questions. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Are there any system requirements for running Awning Tracker?
No. Awning Tracker is a web service, so there's no software to install. You only need a web browser and an internet connection. This means you can use Awning Tracker from Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and any other device you have.
Do I have to adopt new terminology for my products?
No. Awning Tracker is fully customizable, so you can tell it what you call each of your products, and even customize which options should apply to each product type. For example, you can choose to have powdercoating appear as an option for canvas awnings, but not for retractable screens.
Can I import data into Awning Tracker?
Yes. If you have digital data that you have exported from any other system, we will import it into Awning Tracker, free of charge.
How hard is it to learn Awning Tracker?
You don't have to be tech savvy—Awning Tracker is so simple to use that you can learn it in an hour. Get up to speed fast with our tutorials. You'll be saving time from day one.
How does Awning Tracker save me an hour a day?
Awning Tracker makes everything run smoothly so you get efficiency gains in every step of the process. Here are some examples:
- Decreases communication overhead so you can find the information you're looking for without tracking people down.
- Prevents most of your costly mistakes by always giving everyone correct and up-to-date information.
- Searches customer history instantly, so you don't have to go through your filing cabinets when a customer calls.
- Helps you stay on top of your tasks, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Keeps your salesmen on the road by letting them submit jobs to production without coming back to the shop.
- Your installers won't ever have to come back to the shop for forgotten paperwork.
Let computers do the things that computers are best at so you can focus on the things that you're best at.
How do I know Awning Tracker can help me?
You can take our Productivity Quiz to evaluate your current workflow. This quiz asks about you and your company's time management practices, typical mistakes, and communication habits. At the end, you can see feedback about how you are doing with suggestions for improvement. Many common issues in the industry can be solved by using digital records and software like Awning Tracker.
Which employees will benefit from Awning Tracker?
All of them! Here are some examples:
- Management will benefit from seeing the status of everything in production, as well as Awning Tracker's rich reporting tools, which provide business insights like never before. You'll finally have a way to know your costs.
- Salesmen will benefit from being able to generate contracts and submit jobs to production without coming back to the office every day. They can create jobs in between appointments from their phone, so your fabrication department can begin work immediately.
- Your receptionist or customer service person will benefit from having all the information necessary to answer any customer question without calling them back.
- Installers will benefit from having access to all the job's information from their phones. No more lost paperwork or wrong directions.
- Fabricators benefit by being able to answer their own questions. If the specifications or frame drawing is unclear, they can look at pictures of the installation location for clarification. They won't have to stop work and track down the sales rep again.
Awning Tracker doesn't do what I need. Can I request new features?
Yes! We think your tools should adapt to fit your needs—not the other way around.
We love hearing your feedback and suggestions. If something isn't quite right or there's a feature you need, just let us know. We get most suggestions added within a few weeks.
How often do you add new features?
You know how sometimes you update software and feel lost because everything changed for no apparent reason? We'll never do that.
We make frequent small tweaks and improvements to make Awning Tracker faster and easier to use, so Awning Tracker is always getting better. We also release exciting new features multiple times a year.
You don't have to do anything—the updates are free and automatic.
What makes Awning Tracker different from other CRM & project management tools?
We're the only CRM & project management software specialized for the awning, marine, and upholstery industry. Our roots are in the awning industry. We know your workflow—we've lived it. And now we've built the perfect tool for it.
Other tools are generic glorified spreadsheets and Gantt charts that don't perfectly fit anyone. Using them is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
We're also different because we listen to you. We add new features based on you actually want—not based on what we think you want. Our goal is make Awning Tracker your most valuable tool, and we can't do that without your feedback.
Does Awning Tracker integrate with Awning Composer?
Yes! You can easily export graphics created in Awning Composer to Awning Tracker.
Does Awning Tracker integrate with QuickBooks or other accounting software?
Yes! Awning Tracker integrates with QuickBooks Online.
How do I give my employees access to Awning Tracker?
You only need to enter their name and email address. An invite link will be emailed to them. They click on it, and then Awning Tracker will walk them through setting up a password and updating their profile settings.
How does Google Calendar integration work?
From your Profile settings page, you can link your Google account to your Awning Tracker account. Then you will be able to see your Awning Tracker appointments from Google Calendar!
After you have linked your Google account, you can also use the "Sign in with Google" button to log in if you don't want to type in your password.
Is my data backed up?
Yes. We keep regular backups of your data stored securely in multiple data centers across the U.S.
What happens to my data if you go out of business?
Companies in the awning, marine, and upholstery industry been asking for software like this for years. With demand so high, you can count on Awning Tracker being there for you.
In any case, you'll have printed copies of all your work orders, and you can download your data at any time. You can always go back to the paper system you used before Awning Tracker.
Great! How do I get started?
It's easy. Just contact us. We'll set up a system just for you with an address such as YourCompanyName.AwningTracker.com. Then you can customize the system for your company's needs, authorize your employees, and be off to the races.